Compare cheap car insurance quotes today - no hassle, no obligation
You could save up to £200 on your car insurance in one easy search
Get quotes from over 100 of the leading providers and choose the best deal for you
Choose the best deal for you and switch in just 5 to 10 minutes
Why compare car insurance?
A Spokesman Said compares multiple car insurers to get the best price for you in one quick and easy search. You could save hundreds on your policy. The service is completely impartial and free. Check out our helpful guides for further information on getting the best car insurance.
It can take around 5 to 10 minutes to complete a car insurance comparison and get insurance quotes. Big savings could be made when switching to a cheaper insurance provider.
Staying with your same insurer on an auto-renewal can give some people peace of mind, but in our experience (and in other people’s experiences), it pays to shop around.
If you have the following info to hand it could speed up your quote:
- Number plate details: you don’t need your registration number to get a quote but you will need it to buy your insurance. Knowing it will speed up the process of getting a quote through.
- Details of your No Claims Bonus (NCB): this could significantly reduce your premium depending on the length of your NCB.
- Details of your driving licence: the type of licence, how long you've held it and details of any points or disqualifications you've had in the last 5 years.
- Additional driver information: other drivers' names, licence details and any information on points or disqualifications.
- Information on previous claims: insurers will need to know details of any claims or accidents in the last 5 years.
Research commissioned by Gocompare.com carried out with 2,011 UK adults in December 2014 by Vision Critical
51% of consumers could save £200. Seopa split the providers on their comparison systems into different categories. They then selected quotes from the high volume sales providers as well as quotes from other providers which returned a price. Based on UK insurance market share data made available by the ABI, by way of a weighted selection process, they selected the cheapest of either the high volume sales providers or other providers (“the cheapest selected quote”). They then compared the cheapest quote on their system against the cheapest selected quote. They then took the savings figure which 51% or over could have saved using that formula. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances and how you selected your current insurance supplier.