Are you being ripped off by your energy provider?
Don't get cold feet - find the best deals in your area. Our customers save an average of £400 by switching gas and electric.
Enter your postcode so we can find your local suppliers
Tell us about your current plan
Pick a deal from our results
Provide us with your details to complete the switch
Why use A Spokesman Said to change energy supplier?
It takes just 5 minutes to switch to a cheaper energy supplier and our average customer saves £400 on their bills when they switch.
You only need your postcode and a copy of your bill – or we can help you estimate how much energy you use.
Our energyhelpline OFGEM approved comparison service compares the cheap energy deals in your area.
Choose an energy plan that’s good for you.
Grab a cuppa. You don’t have to deal with the hassle of telling your current supplier you’re switching. We’ll get that done for you.
A Spokesman Said isn’t like other comparison websites. You can come back to us after you’ve switched and we’ll fight your corner if you have problems with your supplier. You also have 14 days to cancel your energy switch for whatever reason. That’s a promise.
How to change energy supplier?
With your postcode and a few details of your current energy supply, we can show you the cheapest deals in your area and switch you to a cheaper tariff in minutes.
- Enter your postcode (we need this so we can show you which energy companies are available in your area).
- Tell us your current energy provider and tariff (these details are on any statement from your energy supplier and we use this to compare your current tariff to others).
- We can give you an accurate savings calculation too. You’ll just need to provide us with your current costs or usage. This could be your annual or monthly costs, or a kWh (kilowatt-hour) reading. These can be found on any recent energy bill and are often available in the TCR (Tariff Comparison Rate) information that should be at the bottom of your energy statement.
- Pick a better energy deal from our results and click ‘apply for this tariff’.
- To switch to the new energy supplier online, just give your contact details, address, date of birth and direct debit details. Switching is fully secure, the information is encrypted and will only be used for switching energy supplier. Alternatively you can call the phone number at the top of the screen and our friendly telesales people based in the UK can help you switch.
- You’re done! Sit back and relax. There’ll be no disruptions in your energy supply and the switch will start to take place. You’ll get email confirmation right away (just check the details are all correct and get in touch via the phone number if they’re not). The new supplier will get in touch with the old one and whole switch usually takes a little under 3 weeks. You’ll get a welcome pack from your new energy company and you’ll be asked to give them a meter reading to finish setting the account up. You get a 14 day cooling off period in case you change your mind. Call us straight away on 0800 326 5578 if there’s an issue on the day of purchase, or call your new energy supplier thereafter as they’ll already be setting up your account.
Oh, and you don’t need to give meter readings to make the switch and if you’re within 42 days of the end of a fixed tariff term then you’ll be free to switch without any exit fees whatsoever – Ofgem says so!