General terms and conditions
These general terms apply to anyone visiting any A Spokesman Said websites and everyone using any A Spokesman Said products and services.
Please take the time to read and understand these terms and conditions because you should not use any of our websites unless you agree to them.
Collecting information about you
We take the security of personal information very seriously. In order to provide a high level of service to users, it is important for us to understand how our visitors use our websites, and so we will collect information about you. We will always act reasonably and in accordance with our privacy and cookie policies.
What we will do for you
Accurate information: We will aim to ensure that all the information provided on our websites is accurate and up to date.
Availability: We will aim to ensure our websites are always available, but there may be times when, unfortunately, they will not be.
Accessibility: We will try to ensure our websites are accessible to everyone visiting our website.
What you should do for us
Please behave responsibly when adding content to our websites. By using any of our interactive services, you agree to the following.
You will use your true identity when posting a complaint or comment, and you will not use an anonymous pseudonym or the identity of a third party.
You will not use our websites in any way that is:
- illegal or unlawful, or likely to encourage illegal or unlawful behaviour;
- likely to damage the reputation of A Spokesman Said;
- likely to be a nuisance, harmful or deceptive to any other person.
Any content you add to the website will:
- be factually accurate and/or be your genuinely held belief or opinion that is based on facts;
- not be defamatory, obscene or offensive;
- not infringe the copyright, trade marks or any other intellectual property rights of another person;
- not promote your own or your employer’s business, or otherwise include any advertising or promotional material.
You will not try to access any confidential information (including usernames and passwords) of any other person.
You must be at least 18 years old to be a registered user of this site.
Other important things you need to know
You take full responsibility for the content you add to our websites, which means that if you provide content in breach of these terms, you may be required to compensate anyone who suffers as a result.
You grant us a non-exclusive licence to use the content you add to our websites. For example, we may use this information for our campaigning purposes or marketing materials
We encourage you to link to any of our web pages, providing you do so responsibly. This means that:
- If we ask you to remove or change a link to our websites, you do so as soon as possible.
- You do not create the impression that there is any association, approval or endorsement with or by us.
- You must ensure any links are used in a fair and reasonable manner and that their use will not damage our reputation or take unfair advantage of it (commercially or otherwise).
- The website you are linking from must not contain offensive, obscene or defamatory material, and must not infringe anyone’s copyright, trademarks or other similar rights.
- If anyone clicks on the link you provide to our websites, it must open our website in a new page and not within a frame on your website.
What happens if things go wrong? Given the nature of our websites it’s possible that every now and again things may not go as planned. If we make a mistake, we will do our best to put things right as quickly as possible.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to compensate you for any loss you may suffer as a result of:
- any mistake we make with the content on our websites;
- any parts of our websites being unavailable or inaccessible;
- the downloading of any material from any of our websites;
- the content added to our websites by people using our interactive services; and
You should not use any of our services unless you agree to these terms.
We may edit or delete the content you provide at any time at our sole discretion, although we have no obligation to review the information you provide.
What happens if you don’t comply with these terms?
We will treat any non-compliance as a serious issue, and if we think you have breached any of these terms, we may take any action that we consider appropriate. This may include:
- the temporary or permanent suspension of your access to our websites;
- taking legal action against you, possibly to recover any financial loss that we have suffered as a result of your actions; or
- publishing a statement on any of our websites detailing your actions.
You agree to compensate us for any loss that we suffer as a result of your failure to comply with our terms.
If anyone complains about your use of our websites or the content you add to our websites, you agree that we can control the handling of any such dispute and that you will fully support and co-operate with this.
A Spokesman Said may vary any of its terms at any time, although we will only make changes if we think these are either necessary or reasonable. Please make sure you check our website terms and conditions homepage regularly for any changes. The changed terms will normally take effect immediately upon publication, although where we think the changes are likely to be important to you, we will always tell you in advance so you can decide whether to continue using our websites.
English law shall apply to all our terms and conditions and any disputes must be heard in an English Court. Nothing in any of our terms and conditions affects your legal rights.
Our mailing address is:
A Spokesman Said Ltd
115 Southwark Street,